JBL GO 2 Portable Speaker review
These days, if you want to listen to music everywhere, you need to have a set of portable speakers. A high-quality portable speaker may greatly enhance your listening experience while camping, picnicking, or hanging out with friends.
Look inside the JBL GO 2 Portable Speaker, one of the most sought-after models currently available. The sound quality, build quality, and mobility of this speaker are all highly touted features.
Find out if this speaker is as good as it sounds and how it stacks up against competing portable speakers.
- Compact and portable design
- Well-balanced sound signature with decent bass response
- Ability to function as a speakerphone
- Bluetooth and auxiliary connectivity options
- Ability to pair with another JBL GO 2 speaker
- Affordable price point
- Battery life of up to 5 hours is shorter than some competitors
- A bass response may not be as powerful as larger speakers
- No app control or customization options
- Limited control options on the speaker itself
Design and Build Quality
The JBL GO 2 Portable Speaker is an attractive and practical combination of form and function thanks to its sleek and modern design. Being so little, it’s convenient to tuck it into a pocket or purse for transport.
The speaker is available in various colors to complement any decor.
The speaker has a rubberized housing, making it resistant to scratches and drops. You may use the speaker by the pool or on the beach without worrying about it getting damaged by the water.
This speaker is not fully waterproof, so you shouldn’t put it in the dishwasher оr wash it with other wet items.
It is easy to navigate. The speaker’s power button, Bluetooth pairing button, and volume controls are all conveniently placed on the top surface.
The speaker doubles as a hands-free phone thanks to its integrated microphone.
It has superior build quality and longevity over rival portable speakers in its price range. The rubberized exterior gives it a sturdy feel, and the speaker’s water-resistant construction makes it ideal for usage in the great outdoors.
The JBL GO 2 Portable Speaker has the excellent sound quality for its small size and low price. An efficient 3-watt driver produces the speaker’s clean, crisp sound.
A passive radiator improves the speaker’s bass response, resulting in surprisingly strong low frequencies.
The sound characteristic of this speaker is balanced, with an appropriate amount of bass, midrange, and treble. The speaker excels in the treble range, producing highs that are crystal clear and rich in detail.
The speaker is an excellent choice for listening to music оr viewing movies since the vocals and instruments are reproduced with precision.
Compared to larger and more expensive portable speakers, the JBL GO 2’s bass response is not particularly impressive, but it still provides a respectable level of low-end depth.
For the compact size of the speaker, the bass is surprisingly tight and powerful.
Connectivity and Features
A 3.5mm auxiliary input and Bluetooth 4.1 are just two of the many connection choices on the JBL GO 2 Portable Speaker. The Bluetooth connection is straightforward to set up, and the speaker can remember two devices at once for easy switching.
The speaker’s ability to double аs a speakerphone is one of its most impressive features. You may use the speaker in an office or outside and still accept calls hands-free, thanks to the integrated microphone.
Battery life for this speaker can be charged and used for up to 5 hours of playtime. It’s not the longest time for a speaker of this size, but it’s still respectable. While not in use, the speaker automatically shuts off, which saves power.
The product may also combine with another speaker to create a stereo setup. This is a perfect option if you want to improve your listening experience and make your listening space more enveloping.
Here are some of the main competitors and how they compare to the JBL GO 2:
- Anker Soundcore 2: The Anker Soundcore 2 is a popular choice in the portable speaker market. It offers a longer battery life, but it’s slightly larger and heavier. The Anker Soundcore 2 also has a larger driver (6 watts) and a more powerful bass response, making it a better choice for bass-heavy music.
- Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM 2: The Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM 2 is a similarly sized speaker with a well-balanced sound signature and a waterproof design. It also has a longer battery life. However, the WONDERBOOM 2 is more expensive, and it doesn’t have the same ability to function аs a speakerphone.
- Bose SoundLink Micro: The Bose SoundLink Micro is a tiny speaker that offers impressive sound quality for its size. It has a rugged and waterproof design, making it a great choice for outdoor activities. The Bose SoundLink Micro is more expensive than the JBL GO 2, and it doesn’t offer the same battery life or ability to function as a speakerphone.
If you’re in the market for a portable speaker that doesn’t break the bank but produces high-quality sound, the JBL GO 2 is a great alternative. It’s a great option for music lovers on the go thanks to its balanced sound quality, decent bass response, and handy features like telephone functionality and the ability tо combine with another speaker.
It doesn’t have the best battery life or the deepest bass, but it’s a wonderful deal for the money. This speaker is an excellent option for a portable speaker that doesn’t empty your wallet while providing high-quality music.